Affirmations Your Passport to Happiness

Passport 2000+ Newsletter: Welcome to the Wonderful World of Affirmations

Sunday, May 13, 2012


May 2012
 PART TWO

What do Dandelions have to do with Anger, Money, Rejection
Self-Esteem, Lack and Forgiveness?

As I spoke about in Part One – Dandelions were our main source of food.

Starting My Journey Uncovering and Discovering

My Early Years---Our Main Source of Food

My early diet consisted of dandelion soup, dandelion stew, fried dandelions, and dandelion salad. When I grew up I detested dandelions and yanked them out
of the ground whenever I saw one. I seemed to get a kind of satisfaction by
stomping them into the ground with my foot.

MORE ABOUT DANDELIONS

Now I realize that the dandelion is one of the hardiest plants known to man. It has numerous uses from medicinal to child’s play.

Many People Classify Dandelions as Weeds

The dandelions that I am speaking about were large and juicy. They were about 8-12 inches high and each flower was about one inch or so across. I did come to appreciate the beautiful shades of yellow. I understand that each dandelion grows on a flower stalk. When you open the stem it oozed a milky substance.

As children we made bracelets out of the dandelion stems and wore them proudly as jewelry. The growing period is long, averaging from early spring until late fall in most areas.  I read that the name dandelion itself is actually from the French dent-de-lion, referring directly to the plants edge resemblance.

Some people nicknamed the dandelion ‘puff ball’ or ‘blow ball,’  because when they plant seeds, the flower turns into a white puff ball. As a child I had fun blowing these puff balls out into the air.

The sturdy dandelion plant has an unique way of blowing its seeds out into the Universe through a soft ball of dandelion fluff. Following the Divine Plan of Nature many of these seeds take root and grow while others do not. I have also learned that dandelions have many uses and some as a natural diuretic.  Some people use dandelions as a spring tonic as they are full of vitamins. Even to this day some of my family members add a roasted dandelion to regular coffee and they say it improves the flavor. I have never tried it myself.

The birds love the seeds and use them as an important part of their diet. I have spoken to beekeepers who swear that dandelions help produce some of the best honey ever.

When we were kids we had a pig and he loved the dandelion plant, while a friend’s horse would not touch it. My mother insisted that the leaves needed to be picked early before the flower had opened. When I asked her why she replied if we did not do this the leaves would be extremely bitter.

Vitamin Content

Now modern science is reporting that it has analyzed dandelion greens. They are a good source of calcium, potassium, vitamin A, and vitamin C. They have twice as much vitamin A in a one-cup serving than most vitamin pills. They also have as much calcium as a children’s vitamin or half a glass of milk. That’s more than most other vegetables. Without vitamin A, people have eye problems and have trouble fighting infections. Vitamin A helps kids grow tall and keeps skin healthy. Calcium keeps bones strong and growing and nerves working right.

YEARS LATER – MY REAL ESTATE CAREER

I was very excited to become a Real Estate Agent and I knew that I would be able to help my clients find just the right home for them.

After I had been in the business successfully for about a year, One day in the Spring while I was pondering on things and wondering why I experienced a lack of money in my life, and trying to figure out just why my Affirmations for Money and Prosperity had stopped working my thoughts immediately went to the dandelions.

When I closed my eyes and affirmed /prayed for money a strange thing took place. Instead of seeing money or dollar signs, I saw fields and fields of dandelions. What in the world did dandelions have to do with my prosperity and earning money?

Then pictures of me feeling inferior and not good enough flashed into my mind together with feelings of hunger.

What do you think dandelions, hunger, thoughts of low-self-esteem, rejection and being poor have in common? This is rather a strange combination, don’t you think?

REJECTION

Oh yes, rejection came up often. When you are in Real Estate I learned it is all a part of the package. We were required to do ‘cold calling’ and of course we were calling people we had never met and interrupting their lives.

So often we did feel we were being rejected. Although I justified it by thinking and saying to myself, “How can they really truly reject me as they have never seen or met me? They are in fact rejecting the interruption.” And I must say that did help, not taking it so personally.

Do you ever feel rejected by people and life? Do you know what I learned? --in reality, no one ever rejects you. They simply reject what they think is you, based on their observations of your external appearance and behaviour. It is not actually you they are rejecting.

Do you ever feel that your creations may be rejected by others? So what if some people do not agree with or want to read what you have written—that is their choice. Every individual is different. Many of my good friends have completely different ideas about certain things than I do, but that does not mean they are necessary correct, or that I am correct. If you think it is right, it IS right for you and also for that other person.

Overcome the fear of rejection today and be the strong, self-reliant person you desire to be. Every one of us, at one time or another, has suffered the pain of rejection. It is always painful, but we have the inner power to dissolve this pain or any other negative condition in our lives. Learn from children. Watch them play.

One Way That Helped Me Was to Watch Kids at Play

How many times is a child rejected? Kids may be told, “I don’t like you; you can’t play in this game,” or “You can’t play in my yard.” Does the rejected child take this rejection to heart? In most cases, the child will withdraw temporarily, then, very quietly but surely, make his or her way back into the group or game.

Refrain from dwelling on rejection of any kind. The next time someone attempts to reject you, say “Cancel, cancel. I am happy.” Always be careful to add a positive statement after saying, “Cancel, Cancel,” as nature abhors a vacuum and will rush in to fill it and it could be with more negativity. Never allow this type of negative talk to seep into your being. If you do not allow this rejection to enter your computer (subconscious mind), you will not have to deal with it.

Another suggestion I have is not to share your creative ideas with people that are not of the same mind set. The danger here is that if you tell a friend you are writing a book about the life of a butterfly as that is your passion, that friend may detest butterflies and try and discourage you. I believe after you have written your book, created your product then share it with every one who is interested.

MY MASTER AFFIRMATION TO BECOME REJECTION-FREE

“I, (Anne Marie Evers), deserve and now radiate positive inner strength. I believe in myself and accept myself wholly, just as I am. I am rejection-free. Any and all rejection dissolves when it comes into contact with me. I have good ideas and my opinions are important. No one ever rejects me; they only reject what they think I am. I believe in myself. I reject all negativity easily and quickly. I am happy, to the good of all parties concerned. Thank you, thank you, thank you.”

I fully accept
Signed _________________________         Dated ____________________

Short-Form Affirmation: Healthy, happy, rejection-free
         
WHAT IS YOUR DANDELION?

I believe every one of us has our own ‘dandelion’ to become aware of, and then if we don’t like how we feel about it we have the power to change our feelings. No, we cannot go back into the past and change the events that took place, but we can change how we feel about them and how you view them and how you view them.

When I first started working Real Estate I did Affirmations to get listings and I remember I was working for a Land Development in Washington State and I would drive to work every day saying, “I, Anne Marie Evers deserve and now have in excess of 70 listings.”

Well I ended up with 77 listings. Now some of these were vacant lots, lots with travel trailers on them, ones with mobile homes and lots with large houses.
\
WOW!  ALL THOSE LISTING AND NO SALES!

I noticed that my listings were not selling and I really wanted to find out why and what I could do to change that.

Something very strange seemed to be happening. Every year during dandelion season my listings and sales dropped off and of course that resulted in less money. When I affirmed for more money all I saw in my mind’s eye were fields and fields of dandelions. This was very puzzling to me and I thought to myself, “What ever does dandelions have to do with my prosperity? How could they be possibly related?

Then my memory went back to those early days in my childhood when we were so poor and as I talk about earlier in this BLOG all we had to eat on many occasions were dandelions in every form you could think of.

I discovered something interesting. I grew up detesting dandelions (which I was unaware of). I yanked them out of the ground whenever I saw one. I seemed to get a kind of satisfaction by stomping them into the ground with my foot.

Then one day, much later while I was pondering on things and wondering why I experienced a lack of money in my life, again my thoughts immediately went to dandelion.

So I decided to see why dandelions were so powerful and important in my life. No one else ever talked about dandelions being blockages to prosperity so why me?
So I picked a dandelion, which was not difficult to find; held it in my hand and studied it. It was really quite beautiful, perfectly formed and a brilliant yellow color.

I remember having a conversation with a dandelion and my second husband Roy overhearing me. When he asked me who I was talking to he saw the tears streaming down my cheeks and heard my sobbing, he did not know what to make of it, so he simply said, “Sorry to bother you, keep on with your process or whatever you are doing,” and walked away.

I told the tiny dandelion how much I hated it and to please forgive me and it felt as if a dam had burst. All my anger and frustration and disappointment poured out of my body as I sat there that afternoon.

Then I forgave myself for hating dandelions and began to feel love pour from me into that little flower I lovingly placed that little flower in the flower box. It had no roots, but miraculously it lived for several weeks.

Then I remembered how dandelions kept me and our whole family alive and it came to mind what I had read recently about how nutritious and how good dandelion are for one. I thanked that little dandelion as well as its ancestors for keeping us from starving.

That afternoon my whole body went through a transition. From hating that little flower and wanting to crush the life out it to thanking it and being grateful for its nourishment. After a while unconditional love for that little dandelion started to flow throughout my body, mind and being.

Every time I looked at it, I sent it unconditional love.  Some very interesting things began happening in my life. I began to feel better about myself and I started to love, respect and approve of myself just the way I was. I started to make much more money that I ever had in my life and more importantly money started going further.

To this day I still thank that little dandelion and its relatives for nourishment and especially for the lesson of financial prosperity and my self-esteem improvement. Without learning this valuable lesson, I would not have had the money to write my books, tapes, videos, cards, workbooks, etc.  I say, “Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Then I did a Master Affirmation that said, “All my listings are now sold to the good of all parties concerned.” And they started selling quickly and easily and as I closed many real estate transactions my bank account increased considerably.

Now I always experience a feeling of great gratitude when I see dandelions.

Today I can honestly say I love and appreciate dandelions for the good value, nutrients and beauty they give us. Now instead of stomping dandelions to death, I bless them, blow them a kiss and thank them. My self-esteem has greatly improved; I watch my thoughts, words and self-talk. My prosperity has multiplied and I daily affirm and creatively visualize health, happiness, loving relationships and prosperity for my family and myself.

So you see how dandelions, thoughts, self-esteem, money, rejection, lack and prosperity were all in the same package for me!

What ribbon or ribbons are your packages tied with?

Part 3 coming up. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home