Affirmations Your Passport to Happiness

Passport 2000+ Newsletter: Welcome to the Wonderful World of Affirmations

Saturday, September 05, 2009

Reg's brother Charlie Clemens passed away on Sunday, August 30th, 2009 at Eagleridge Hospital. I am so proud of my husband Reg who officiated at the Memorial Service held at 1:00 p.m. on Friday, September 4th, 2009 at The Royal Canadian Legion Branch 263, 1025 Ridgeway Avenue, Coquitlam, B. C.

From my personal experience, being a Minister, I can share that officiating at a family member's memorial service is one of the most emotionally difficult tasks that I have ever done --- And Reg did it so elegantly with great feeling.

These are the words that Pastor Reg spoke to the nearly 200 people present.

"Welcome everyone. As most of you know, I am Reg, Charlie's brother. When I became ordained as a Minister and Pastor I never ever thought that my First experience with being a Pastor would be doing this talk for my brother Charlie.... so please bear with me.

Charlie lived life to the fullest and now I believe he is enjoying himself visiting with mother, father, brother Dick, Gracie my lovely wife of 53 years and others that have passed on.

Although he is not here in physical form, he is still here with us in spirit and always will be.

Dear God

We commit brother Charlie to you. We know he is in a place where there is no pain and no suffering. We thank you for his life here on earth. AND SO IT IS.

Let us be silent for a moment or two and think of Charlie and what he meant to each and every one of us. Think of the good times, the fun, the fellowship and let us give thanks for his time here on earth with us.

SILENCE

On behalf of Charlie's loving wife Val and all of our family, we thank you all for coming here today to celebrate Charlie's life.

Now let us celebrate Charlie Clemens' life and savor the wonderful memories and happiness we shared with him.

Here's to you Charlie -- From Everyone of of us.

Let's all drink to Charlie!

Now I invite anyone who would like to say a few words about Charlie to come up and do so."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home